The latest version of Primavera P6 is version 18.8 released publicly in August 2018. With enhancements previously only available to Oracle cloud users, this is big news. A huge advantage of the new release is that Oracle has removed the last of the Java applets from Primavera P6 EPPM. The HTML-based pages load faster and do not require additional plug-ins. You will find that some of the HTML pages have the same functionality as before while others have been redesigned.
Below are a few more of the enhancements available with Release 18.8
- Performance Percent Complete Field Based on Labour Units.
- Upload Graphics to the P6 Database to View and Print from Any Location.
- 32-bit Operating Systems not supported. It is recommended you now use 64-bit Operating Systems.
- Import Zipped XER Files.
- Activity Owner Functionality Improvements.
- Choose Whether to Update Actual and Budgeted Units and Costs When Updating Baselines with New Assignments.
- Managing Personally Identifiable Information.
- Prime Lean Task Integration with P6 EPPM.
- Improvements in Offline Working for P6 Professional.
Please click on the below link for the complete list of New features in Primavera P6 V18.8